CUSD banner Home Home Calendar Directory Site Map
arch icon


CUSD Frequently Asked Questions


See Ed-Data for fiscal, demographic, testing and other statistical data.


CLICK HERE to view the attendance areas for Hatch, El Granada, and Farallone View Elementary Schools. For Kings Mountain Elementary School check school district affiliation by property location at or call the district office at 650 712-7109 for remote addresses.


Where do I register my child for school? In the office of the school your child will be attending.

How old does my child need to be for kindergarten? Your child must have reached his/her 5th birthday by December 2 of the year he/she starts kindergarten. For transitional Kindergarten information check this link for dates.

How does one register a middle school student? Please come to school office with a copy of your child’s immunization record and fill out a registration form. You will be given an appointment with a counselor to arrange your schedule. Be prepared to give the name and address of the previous school attended.

If my 5th grader attends elementary school in CUSD, do I need to register him/her at Cunha for 6th grade? No, it will be done automatically.

How do I request a transfer within the district for my child? Please review the Intradistrict Open Enrollment Form (Matricula Abierta Intradistrital) on the FORMS LINK and/or call 712-7109 with questions. This form is available in the early spring and is due late spring.

How do I request a transfer to or from another district (interdistrict)? Call 712-7109 for question - download Interdistrict Transfer Application on FORMS LINK


When is the first day of school? See the academic calendar that is on the district site or any school site. The next calendar will be posted promptly after board approval.

What time does school start and end? Check the overview of district school hours and schedules.

When is lunch at my child’s school? Check our school web sites.

When is Spring Break? Check our school web sites.

What's the last day of school? You can find the dates on the academic calendar, online event calendars or Date & Hours links on all school sites.

Is there school today? Check the academic calendar link at the top of the this page.

What special events are scheduled? Check the school web sites and the CUSD event calendar.


How can I set up a meeting with my child’s teacher? Call school office or email the secretary. For a list of office numbers and secretary emails click here.

What is your policy about visiting classrooms? During Public Schools week in April each year, sign in at the office. At any other time, contact the principal to make arrangements.

What if I have a question about my child's grade? Contact your child’s teacher.


How do I get a transcript? Call school office or email the secretary. For a list of office numbers and secretary emails click here.

  • At Cunha School: Please contact student's counselor with your request.
  • At the High School, contact the registrar at 712-7200 ext. 5070, send an email to:

When are report cards and progress reports sent out? Report cards are sent out about a week after the last day of each quarter. See calendar. Progress reports are sent out after the 4-1/2 week mark.

What standardized tests are given and when? All standardized testing follows the State guidelines. STAR testing is done in May each year. CELDT testing is done in the fall and when new students arrive. CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) is given several times a year, with the 10th graders taking it for the first time in February.


How do I apply for free or reduced price meal benefits for my child? Applications for free & reduced lunch benefits are available at every school office and at the District Office and may be returned to your child's school or to the District Office. You should receive a letter approving or denying those benefits within a week of returning your application. If you have questions about filling out the form or receiving benefits, you may contact our Food Services department at 650-712-7117 for more information. You may also click here to view a description of the Food Service department and download application form.

Student Wellness Board Policy

CUSD recognizes the link between student health and learning and provides comprehensive programs promoting healthy eating and physical activity for district students. Student wellness is supported through health education, physical education and activity, health services, nutrition services, psychological and counseling services, and a safe and healthy school environment. In addition, the district develops strategies for promoting staff wellness and for involving parents/guardians and the community in reinforcing students' understanding and appreciation of the importance of a healthy lifestyle.

Follow this link for more information on CUSD Wellness Policy on Physical Activity and Nutrition.


Where do I pay Impact fees and to whom? Impact fees are paid in the business department at the District Office 498 Kelly Ave. Bring your checkbook. No plans are required. We will look up your square footage and charge you based on the current fee structure. LEARN MORE Impact-Developer Fees


What after school programs are available? Contact your school office for the most up-to-date information.


How does one become a substitute teacher for Cabrillo Unified School District? Download flier on CUSD Substitute Teacher Information.

Do you have any job openings? Job descriptions and online application can be found on the web site of Ed-Join


I want to volunteer.  What do I do? Cabrillo welcomes and encourages family and community involvement. The primary ways to be involved are with the school PTO, the School Site Council, the English Learner Advisory Council, or as a classroom, or library volunteer. Look for tickets for time in the Registration packets, check the school web site or contact the school office for specific information.

I want to donate money for a specific purpose.  Who do I contact? Contact your school site principal.